8 chicken thighs, skinned
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
300ml/10fl oz pureed tomatoes
150ml/5fl oz dry white wine
1 teaspoon dried oregano
400g/14oz canned cooked
Cannellini beans, drained
3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
(1) Heat the oil in a heavy pan, and saute the chicken until golden brown.
Remove and keep warm. Add the onion and red peppers to the pan,
and gently saute until softened but not colored. Stir in the garlic and
saute for a minute or so.
(2) Add the chicken, tomatoes, wine and oregano. Season well with salt
and pepper, bring to a boil, then cover the pan tightly.
(3) Reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for
30–35 minutes until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear.
(4) Preheat the grill until hot.
(5) Stir the cannellini beans into the chicken mixture, and simmer for a
further 5 minutes until heated through. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs,
and cook under the grill until golden brown.
(6) Serves 4