With a whole host of seasonings, shawarma (also known as shawarma) is a delightful dish that comes to us from the Middle East and North Africa. Serve it with a garlic sauce or chili sauce, and expand your culinary horizons.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
• 2 pounds boneless chicken (thigh, breast, leg mixture)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/8 cup white vinegar
• 1/8 cup olive oil
1. Slice chicken very thinly (or pound) into circles about 4-1/2 inches.
2. Mix nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, salt, garlic, onion, lemon juice, water, vinegar, and olive oil.
3. Pour over chicken. Leave in covered container in refrigerator overnight.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange slices on the grill. Grill, turning once, so it is browned on both sides.