Photo Source: "Chicken marsala over pasta I by newwavegurly, on Flickr">
This is a flavorful, creamy chicken recipe, made with Marsala wine, cream, and mushrooms. It makes an easy and delicious meal with rice or noodles.
• 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, pounded or sliced, about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness
• Salt and pepper
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
1) Wash chicken and pat dry; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
2) Dip chicken in the flour to lightly coat both sides. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Add the chicken and saute for about 2 minutes. Turn and add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes longer, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
3) Add the Marsala wine, chicken broth, and lemon and bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes to reduce slightly. Cover and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer. Add the basil, cream, and green onions and cook for 2 minutes longer.
4) Serves 4.
Note: Mix with cooked pasta of your choice before serving.