Creamy Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
Cheddar stuffed chicken breasts - chicken breast recipe with cheddar, carrots, Parmesan and other ingredients. Good for party and get-together celebrations. Easy to prepare.
• 4 boneless chicken breast halves
• 5 ounces Cheddar cheese with garlic and herbs
• 1 tablespoons flour
• 1/4 cup shredded carrot
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley, divided
• 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
1) Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet until flattened and thinned out.
2) In a small mixing bowl, beat cheddar cheese with flour until smooth. Stir in carrot, nuts, and half of the parsley.
3) Place about 1/4 of the cheddar mixture on each piece of chicken. Fold in two sides and roll up burrito style. Press edges to seal.
4) In a small bowl, combine remaining parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Brush chicken rolls with the melted butter then roll in bread crumb mixture.
5) Place chicken rolls in an 8-inch square baking dish, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumb mixture.
6) Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Cheddar stuffed chicken serves 4.
Southwestern Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
1 container (8 oz) chives-and-onion cream cheese spread
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup drained Old El Paso® pickled jalapeño slices (from 12-oz jar)
1/2 cup canned (drained) Green Giant® whole kernel corn
6 Old El Paso® taco shells (from 4.6-oz box), coarsely broken
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, melted
1/2 to 3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
1 2/3 cups Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
2/3 cup sour cream
1.Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic powder, jalapeños and corn; set aside.
2.Place broken taco shells in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Crush taco shells with rolling pin until coarsely ground. (Or, place broken taco shells in food processor bowl with metal blade; process until coarsely ground.) Pour crumbs into shallow dish; stir in chili powder.
3.Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast, smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. Spread butter over one side of each chicken breast.
4.Place about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture on center of buttered side of each chicken breast; roll up chicken. Pour buttermilk into shallow dish. Dip chicken rolls in buttermilk, then coat with crumb mixture. Insert toothpick to secure. Place in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Drizzle with honey.
5.Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend; bake 4 to 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375°F